Monday, July 23, 2012

I feel paralyzed.... from fear?

I keep working on ideas for Coco, but I feel nothing is good enough.  I'm not happy with the beginnings of my silky slip dress for her.  I worked on "creative" things... a mask for my other dolls, my daughter's quilt, but I just can't get into the groove of creating for Coco.

So there she sits, actually lies on my nightstand on a "comforter".  Its on the far end of the room, so no one will touch her.  I see her every night before I go to bed and every morning as I awaken.  I'm so happy to have her.  She is a lovely doll.  I will have to do some rough sketching....

I feel so happy and privileged to own this doll.  To see Angelika's workmanship is quite amazing.  I liked the idea of a "character doll" and when I saw Coco Chanel, I thought "brilliant" --

Here she is reclining on the mattress I'm making for a Porcelain Bjd bed.


Love this doll.

2 comments:

  1. She looks beautiful. I'm sure that soon, you'll find your groove to create things for Coco :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. I'm sure I'll have a lot more time in the fall, so I'll be madly creating. Right now, I'm just enjoying her.

    ReplyDelete