Sunday, February 17, 2013

First up "Shelly" collection

So, I was at the beach yesterday, and I was overwhelmed with "ideas".  I have long wanted to do a seaside collection.  I'm not sure that any of the really great doll designers have done one.  (I'm no doll designer-- just have dolly ideas on the brain).

I have long wanted to make a coral crown and a coral throne.  In addition I've thought about shell bustiers, shell covered gowns...  I even purchased shell sequins at one point.

I thought if I put some of this stuff down perhaps if I don't get to it, some one will see it and be inspired.


My photos are terrible but there is a penny in the photo so you can get the idea of how small some of those shells are.

In the middle of the photo (sort of) there's a piece of coral that I thought would make an excellent breast plate.  The pairs of pointy shells and coral in the upper left ---- shoe heels -- a spiked shoe with shells for the heels.


No comments:

Post a Comment